are you buying local this summer? here are my top 5 reasons you should be shopping at your local farmer's market.
1. it tastes better. these are the freshest fruit and vegetables that you can get your hands on. offering non-comparable flavor and the highest nutritional value around.
2. you finally get to meet the people that grow your food! and ask them as many questions as you like about how it grows, where it grow, harvesting, cooking and storing too!
3. you will be exposed to new colors, flavors and aromas! i dare you to try something new.
4. you're helping your community. shopping at a farmer's market directly supports a local business owner and your local economy.
5. you're going to have fun. sunshine, fresh air, beautiful produce, locals-maybe even some cool people you know, strong coffee (or tea), hand-made pastries (i'm sure there are some gluten-free options too), food trucks and live music? sounds like a party to me.
hopefully, you will be inspired (for a meal or two) by a vegetable (or a fruit) :)